While other companies simply adapted the design of existing shifters to the T56, Steeda tested multiple configurations to come up with the fastest and most accurate shifter possible. Inside, the pivot shaft and springs are specially designed to have the correct pivot ratio and feel for the T56 transmission.
Like all Tri-Ax shifters, the T56 model features a wider internal cross-shaft for better spring leverage and precision, tighter tolerances for more accurate self centering to line up with 3rd & 4th gear when power shifting, and a unique handle with two height options for easier reach and more comfortable driving than other short throw shifters.
Fits 03-04 Cobra and after market T56 transmissions retrofitted into earlier Mustangs.
- Two position adjustable height
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you - so you won't miss!
- More comfortable hand position than other short throw shifters
- Custom Pivot Ratio gives the shortest throw while allowing a longer handle for easier reach.
- Longer cross shaft increases spring motion for more precise centering.
- Spring tension custom tailored for the transmission type. Not the same generic springs for every transmissions like the other brands.
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Exclusive BootGuard prevents the rubber tunnel boot from getting caught in the stop bolts.
- Compact tower design fits in tunnel better and has more wrench clearance for easier installation.
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction. No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & after market shift knobs
Due to the unique placement and angle of the shifter in the 03-04 Cobra, drivers looking for the easiest to reach handle may wish to choose the Comfort Pro Handle option. Those desiring the shortest possible throw should stick with the original Tri-Ax handle.