While other companies simply adapted the design of existing shifters to the Tremec transmission, Steeda tested multiple configurations to come up with the fastest and most comfortable shifter possible. Inside, the pivot shaft is specially designed to have the correct pivot ratio and feel for the Tremec transmission. The spring tension is also custom-tailored. Unlike the T-5 transmission that other companies based their shifter design on, the Tremec 3550 & TKO have stiff internal springs and a very short lever below the lever fulcrum. When other brands blindly adapted their T5 shifter design to fit the Tremec, they created a shifter so stiff it sometimes takes two hands just to put the transmission into reverse gear. Not so with the Tri-Ax. It is specifically designed for the best shifting experience with the Tremec 3550 and TKO.
Like all Tri-Ax shifters, the Tremec 3550 model features a wider internal cross-shaft for better spring leverage and precision, tighter tolerances for more accurate self centering to line up with 3rd & 4th gear when powershifting, a unique handle that places the knob closer to the driver than other short throw shifters, plus two handle height options for more comfortable driving.
Fits Tremec 3550 and 3550-TKO 5 speed transmissions. Does not fit the newer Tremec TKO500 or TKO600.
- Two position adjustable height
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you - so you won't miss!
- More comfortable hand position than other short throw shifters
- Custom Pivot Ratio gives a short throw without requiring excessive shift effort.
- Longer cross shaft increases spring motion for more precise centering.
- Spring tension custom tailored for the transmission type. Not the same generic springs for every transmissions like the other brands.
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Exclusive BootGuard prevents the rubber tunnel boot from getting caught in the stop bolts.
- Compact tower design fits in tunnel better and has more wrench clearance for easier installation.
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction. No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & aftermarket shift knobs
- Includes Steeda's exclusive Tri-Ax shift handle.
|www.realspeedauto.com Ph.631-563-7325 |
All parts listed are for the Ford Mustang unless otherwise noted.
Copyright 2018 Realspeed Automotive Inc. All rights reserved.