While other companies blindly copied the design of existing shifters, Steeda tested multiple configurations to come up with the fastest and most accurate shifter possible. Inside, the pivot shaft is specially designed to have the correct pivot ratio and short shift-throw for the TR-3650 transmission. The spring tension is also custom-tailored, since the TR3650 has more internal spring pressure than the T-5 transmission the other companies based their design on.
Like all Tri-Ax shifters, the TR3650 model features a wider internal cross-shaft for better spring leverage and precision, tighter tolerances for more accurate self centering to line up with 3rd & 4th gear when powershifting, a unique handle that places the knob closer to the driver than other short throw shifters, plus two height options for more comfortable driving.
Fits Mid 2001-2004 V8 Mustangs with TR3650 5-speed transmission
- Two position adjustable height
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you - so you won't miss!
- More comfortable hand position than other short throw shifters
- Custom Pivot Ratio gives a short throw without requiring excessive shift effort.
- Longer cross shaft increases spring motion for more precise centering.
- Spring tension custom tailored for the transmission type. Not the same generic springs for every transmissions like the other brands.
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Exclusive BootGuard prevents the rubber tunnel boot from getting caught in the stop bolts.
- Compact tower design fits in tunnel better and has more wrench clearance for easier installation.
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction. No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & aftermarket shift knobs
- Includes Steeda's exclusive Tri-Ax shift handle.
|www.realspeedauto.com Ph.631-563-7325 |
All parts listed are for the Ford Mustang unless otherwise noted.
Copyright 2017 Realspeed Automotive Inc. All rights reserved.