While other companies blindly copied the design of existing shifters, Steeda tested multiple configurations to come up with the fastest, most accurate and most comfortable shifter possible. The Tri-Ax features a unique pivot ratio, a wider internal cross-shaft for better spring leverage and precision, tighter tolerances for more accurate self centering (to line up with 3rd gear when powershifting) and a unique handle with two height options for easier reach and more comfortable driving.
Fits Mustangs with T-5 and T-45 Transmission: 1982-Mid 2001 V8 and 1994-2004 V6
- Two position adjustable height
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you - so you won't miss!
- Most comfortable hand position of any short throw shifter
- Custom Pivot Ratio gives the shortest throw while allowing a longer handle for easier reach.
- Longer cross shaft increases spring motion for more precise centering.
- Spring tension custom tailored for the transmission type. Not the same generic springs for every transmissions like the other brands.
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Exclusive BootGuard prevents the rubber tunnel boot from getting caught in the stop bolts.
- Compact tower design fits in tunnel better and has more wrench clearance for easier installation.
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction. No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & aftermarket shift knobs
- Includes Steeda's exclusive Tri-Ax shift handle.